August 5, 2008

Mercies are New Every Morning... Thank God!

Tonight has been one of those kind of nights...
It started off well. Really well actually, Cayden was playing nicely, and it was just a nice evening.
Then I went to do some laundry.... and it began.
I came back from the laundry room and Cayden met me at the door. He needed to show me something in the kitchen. So I followed him and he had broken an egg on the floor. He had cleaned up the shell, but the egg was still all over. He has done this MANY times, so I'm used to cleaning up raw eggs off the kitchen floor. I mopped the kitchen and set out to make a snack.
Time goes by and Cayden needs to go potty. So I take him in and he does WONDERFUL!! 
Then he sticks his foot into the toilet before we could flush it. So I set him in the bath tub and ran some water over his foot. He was playing with some bath toys (no water) so I went to get his towel out of the laundry room. During the few moments I was out, he had to go poop. Because when I came back there was diareah type poopy all over the tub, bathroom floor, a cup, and his body. Mind you, I was only gone for a few moments. The good thing is, he had tried to clean it up (I think) with the cup.... or something.
So, I cleaned up the mess, washed the floor on my hands and knees (we don't own a mop) and noticed that the floor was getting more water. I looked up and he was pouring water out of the bath tub (he was trying to help me clean the tub). 
That made me want to cry. I already had emotions in me that have no way to express them, but crying, yelling, hiding and none of those help releave the emotion....
Anyway, so I reminded Cayden that water stays in the tub, not on the floor. 
So then I started to mop up the extra water... then I heard the sound of falling water. He quit helping mommy clean and decided to water his toy on the side of the tub. Water came crashing back onto my floor.
I lost it then. I'm sad to say, I started yelling and turned off the water and made him sit in the tub until I was done mopping the bathroom floor.
At this point, I still had not cleaned the poopy off of him yet. He cleaned most of it, but not with soap. I think a half hour had gone by all together. 
So, I got the bathroom all clean... the tub, floor (x3), Cayden. I was ready to relax and not clean any other mess up.
He goes and plays, so I think. He returns to the bathroom as I'm finishing up and says, "come check mommy." with a oops look on his face.
I take a deep breath and walk into the kitchen to find he had gotten into the fridge and grabbed my drink and spilt it onto the floor.
I was past upset now. I quietly grabbed my rag and mopped the kitchen floor again. I got a sippy of milk, and put him to bed.
The cool thing is, tomorrow God's mercies are gonna be new. Which is good, because I think I've used up a lot today. I can start fresh with Cayden and forget about all the messes from tonight. So, I think I'm gonna go to bed. 
Good Night and Sleep Tight!

2 comments:

Valarie said...

Keep that attitude for when you get down here :-). Especially for language school. I've more days like that than I can count.

Can't wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a rough night. Sounds like Cayden is getting into stuff every second. I'm sorry your night was bad. Can't wait to see you in a few days. =)

Past Blogs