December 30, 2008

Just a Stage?

I have to confess that sometimes being a patient, loving mom is a bit hard for me. 
Cayden is at the age or "stage" where he is gaining more and more independence. With that independence he feels he is too old to listen to us. He fights with his Grammy and deliberately disobeys Mike and I. This makes my life a bit more stressful then it really needs to be. I've found that if I'm not spanking his bottom, I'm yelling. I hate yelling. It sounds so mean and he just looks at me like, "What's wrong with you?"
How do I get his attention and not yell? Is this just a stage? I sure hope so! 
I've been trying to be more patient with him. He's only this age once, and I must say it's quite an entertaining age. 
Today we played cars and tossed a ball around upstairs (and on the stairs... I know, I know... you shouldn't play on the stairs, but it was fun.). It was a lot of fun and his laughter is so mesmerizing! He's very dramatic and loves to act everything out. 
Maybe I just need to be more patient with Cayden and MySelf.

2 comments:

JL Christopher said...

it's a stage, and it only lasts another 15 years, I hear.

Corah Webber. said...

I hear ya... we struggle daily with Elijah. There are some things that are stages and others that aren't... unfortunately I think testing your parents is always a stage... at least it was for me and appears to be for Elijah. Know that you're not alone though and don't be too hard on yourself. Just ask God for wisdom and patience... and say sorry lots. If I discover some magic cure for it I'll let you know.

Past Blogs