September 23, 2008

Balmex

Last night Mike and I put Cayden to bed with no fight. Always nice when he doesn't fight us at bedtime!
Well then an hour later we heard him yell "SEAHAWK". We look at each other in shock because we thought he had been sleeping for the last hour. Since I was going to bed in a few moments I didn't get up right away. Then Cayden yelled for Mike to come there. So Mike got up and went to the bedroom. The above picture is what he found....
Cayden had gotten into the Balmex Diaper Rash Cream. It was all over his face, hair and clothes. He had also gotten it all over his bedding, our bedding, Skyler (his cabbage patch doll), his dresser, his bed and the baby wipes. On top of the cream being EVERYWHERE, he had taken the baby wipes and pulled them all out of the box. 
We washed his hair six times and it's still not all the way out. We used baby shampoo and dish soap. So I grabbed the baby wipes that he had all over and scrubbed his head. He wasn't too happy with that. So I explained to him (as nice as I could) that he has no say in what happens to his head at this point. If I had my way, Cayden would be bald right now. I was ready to shave his hair off when the shampoo and soap weren't working. Mike was the "hair hero" and handed me the wipes and said he was going to the store to buy more dish soap.
Needless to say, Cayden was proud of himself... and once again, God gave me an extra dose of GRACE. I think He's trying to teach me how to be a little more patient than I am (each day I'm finding I'm not as patient as I once thought).
Why oh why does my kid have to get into messy things???
I know there has to be other kids that do this too.... It can't just be MINE...

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Jaiden has done VERY similar things! So, no, you are not the only one!

Past Blogs